Queen Rock Tour App Now Available
Something new to do during Covid lockdowns.
Rock band Queen now has its own video game app, which will help fans suffer through the Covid-19 shutdowns. Queen: Rock Tour lets fans pretend that they themselves are playing Queen’s hits. It’s kind of like playing the Guitar Hero game, only with real Queen Songs.
Did you see the movie Bohemian Rhapsody? Did it get you feeling all nostalgic for the band Queen and its late headliner Freddie Mercury? Well this year marks the 50th anniversary of the official founding of the band. And its surviving members had plans to celebrate with massive 29-date European stadium and arena tour. Unfortunately, the Coronavirus forced them to delay the tour until 2022.
Queen: Rock Tour is the band’s first ever official game for Android and iOS devices. It marks the first time that the band will be releasing their own dedicated mobile experience
The game gives players a chance to experience the majesty and might of the Queen live experience on their phones supported by extensive attention to detail contributed by the official Queen archives and experts. “Be a Lockdown Rock Star! No turning back!!!” enthused Queen’s Brian May on the game launch.
It promises to allow users to fully immerse themselves into the world of Queen. Players progress and score points by playing along to 20 of their most popular hits including: Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break Free and We Are The Champions, whilst performing at 10 historic concert venues from around the world.
People can style their performances with over 40 official and iconic costumes from the band’s history and help unlock fun trivia facts and exclusive images from the official Queen archives, by scoring highly in the game.
Queen: Rock Tour was created in association with Universal Music Group, Hollywood Records and developed by Gameloft for brands, leader in the creation of gaming experiences for brands.
Cedric Ratajczak, Creative Director at Gameloft for brands said, “Our ambition was to push the boundaries of music and gaming with a fun and rewarding experience that would put players in Queen shoes at pivotal points in their career and make them perform in real-time Queen’s live music unlike ever before. The creative challenge was to modernize the traditional rhythm-game genre with innovative and mobile-friendly twists inheriting from hyper-casual gaming, and with a unique and happy visual style that offers a timeless look to the band, appealing to the new generation of players.”
Queen: Rock Tour Game Features
– Play your favorites tracks from over 20 official Queen songs from the greatest albums, including: Bohemian Rhapsody, Keep Yourself Alive, We Will Rock You, I Want to Break Free, We Are The Champions, and many more!*
– Challenge your music skills in this fun and intuitive game. Whether you’re playing the guitar, drums, vocals or bass, just tap the tiles as they float by to create some of the most memorable music on mobile!
– Keep the rhythm going throughout the stage to chain together crazy combos and rack up an amazing game score as you play and complete the songs!
– Dazzle the audience with official outfits and customizable accessories you can unlock and pick out for each venue.
– Play your songs in one iconic venue after another, including the original stages at London, Tokyo, Houston, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janerio and many more.
– Unlock and collect fun music trivia facts and exclusive band images from the official Queen Archives.
Queen Rock Tour is free to play with 3 full tracks and 30 second playable levels of all other featured tracks, but if you wish you can enhance your experience and unlock all 20 full tracks for a one time in-app purchase.
*(Fully-Unlocked Version Required to access all 20 full-length tracks)